Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Only Human bringing you beyond human music

From left to right: Doug, Ryan, Shane, Russell
It's shameless band plug time! Today, we're talking about Only Human, a band which originated from Frankfort, Indiana. My friend, Shane Reed, is the lead man of the group.

I've been friends with Shane since about 8th grade or so. We both share a lot of similar interests including our love of music. I caught up with him to get some more information about his band. Here's what he had to say...

Who are the members of Only Human?
I'm on guitar and vocals. Russell Garrett is our other guitarist, Ryan Lewis is on bass, and Doug Wooten handles the drums.

What type of music would you say Only Human plays?
We're a mix of a few different styles. We have progressive, alternative, and metal elements in our songs so I'd say that a fair assessment.

How did your band get started?
I have known Russell for a few years and known he was in a band, but I had never heard them. So in November of '10, I think, their vocalist and second guitarist quit. When they posted on Facebook that they needed a singer I replied and here we are.

What are your goals/plans for the band?
Our biggest goal is really to just make a living doing what we love. But we have some smaller more immediate goals too. We have some ideas floating around for EPs and music videos and we want to realize these ideas and hopefully find some people that will enjoy them.


What makes your band worth listening to?
I think the way we do things is pretty unique. We like to have it heavy, but aren't afraid to have some soft melodic parts. Our songs are really different from one to the next, so you won't get bored half way through our set when you come see us live. Speaking of playing live, we are working on some neat stuff to do on stage, so watch for it if you come see us.


I've had the pleasure of hearing Only Human in Frankfort several months ago when I went there for a visit and it was a blast. Their band has a lot of energy and tries to keep the crowd involved in the music. If you want to hear some of their songs, just head on over to their official Facebook page. Help support local bands and give them a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment